Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

THURSDAY 3. FEBRUARY. 2011


The Daily Blog –  3. February. 2011
NAPLES!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize for the week late posting, but on a brighter note, Naples was awesome!!!

            Today has been an interesting, yet long and busy day. We all met at the Rome center at 830am. I woke up at 6am but only because I accidently fell asleep at 9pm last night. It was almost like the timing was perfect though because I fell asleep without packing and woke up in just enough time to pack and make sure that everything was in order. Heading to the bus stop things got a little hectic because a few people didn’t have their passports. Though there was a chance we wouldn’t need them, there was also a chance that we would. It was quite nerve racking, I was afraid someone would get left behind, even though we were pretty good on timing, you just never know when Roman traffic is involved. First, it was Brittany who had to run back, then once we got to the termini I believe it was Sarah who then had to catch a cab back to our apartment and then catch the same one back to the termini. A trip that was totally avoidable costs 20 Euros, but things happen and all went well because her and Brittany were able to make it back to the termini in time to make the train. I always sleep while traveling, I am sure there may have been a few nice sites to see but car rides, or any type of ride tends to put me to sleep. As I wake up from a about a three hour or so nap on the train I was questioned by a few people whether or not I was okay, but I was. It just take me about ten minutes to wake up fully.
            We all decided that the “twenty minute” walk to the hostel wouldn’t be that bad since we’re all used to walking anyway. Then once twenty minutes turned into a half an hour then into what seemed to be about forty-five minutes, we began to complain amongst ourselves. Either way, we all survived and were happy to finally arrive at the hostel. Then the girls had to climb seven flights of steps to get to our rooms and found it quite disappointing that we had to pay twenty-euro cents to use the elevator. We later found out that the elevator was free after 7pm and on the weekends. I didn’t climb those steps too many more times, I may be young but going up those steps take some stamina.
            After we settled in we walked around and met Alex who showed us a few things in his hometown and took us to get some coffee and gelato. Well some people preferred one over the other. Then had some amazing pizza. It was pretty big, well a lot bigger than Pizza Hut’s “personal pan” and some of the students were then crowned as the “clean plate crew.” Unfortunately I left a little bit of my pizza and could not be a part of the crew. Then after dinner we toured the fabulous city with Alex. It was our “unofficial tour,” the real tour happens tomorrow. But, we did see the Botanical Garden without actually seeing and we went into what he called the Industrial District.
            The city seems much more different than what I’m used to in Rome, but it’s not so bad, it seems more city like, almost like I’m back in the states. But Rome is home, Naples is just a mini vacay.

No comments:

Post a Comment