Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Home Sweet Roma

Today the majority of our program returned from our weekend travels to Firenze! We all went to the Uffizi, the biggest Renaissance Museum in the world. It was unbelievable: room after room of gorgeous paintings that are preserved to a tee. Then we took a trip to the Gallery of Michelangelo to see the original Davide. It is amazing to think that just one person carved something so intricate and grande with his bare hands. The museums were inspiring and I think we all could agree that it was the perfect way to end our trip to Florence and head back to Rome.

As of now, for me at least, Rome has become home. Today was the first time I was a little homesick, but I was homesick for the big and vibrant city which we will call home for the next 10 weeks. Rome has so much to offer and I know that I speak for everyone when I say that starting our internships this week is something we are looking forward to. On Monday and Tuesday we will have orientation at our respective programs: a gallery in Rome, St. Paul's Refugee Center, ArciGay, and Iqbal Masih (all of these organizations have their link on the toolbar to the right).

But for now I will enjoy a goodnight's sleep in MY bed in the city that never sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment